The Shetland branch of Garriock Bros. Ltd. has continued to expand over the years and now includes the following:
- Civil & Building Contracting:
This division incorporates the following sub-divisions:
- General Building and Civil Engineering Works: Garriock Bros. Ltd. has undertaken Civil engineering contract works up to £5.5M in value.
- House Building: Garriock Bros. Ltd. have been the sole agents for Norwegian Fjogstad Houses in Scotland since 1986.
- Plant & Tool Hire: Since the early 1970’s Garriock Bros. Ltd. Plant Hire has grown to become the biggest plant and equipment hirer in Shetland. A wide range of equipment is available for sale or hire, from 65 tonne heavy construction machines to small portable power tools and equipment.
- The Glass Centre: Manufactures double and triple glazed units to order in addition to being general glass suppliers. Operating from the GB Building Centre from November 2016
- The Window Centre: Manufactures uPVC windows, doors, conservatories and curtain walling to order. It also provides an installation and reglazing service. Operating from the GB Building Centre from November 2016.
- Brae Depot: In December 2007 Garriock Bros. Ltd. purchased Nicolson Plant Ltd from administrators BDO Stoy Hayward. Not only did this expand the Civil Engineering & Plant Hire aspect of Garriock’s Shetland based operations but it also included Haulage, Transport and the Sullom Mine Quarry. On the 23.06.2016 the Brae operation was extended with the opening of the Brae Plant Centre. The shop offers a wide variety of hand and power tools, gardening equipment, PPE, DIY goods, trailers and fishing tackle.
- Quarries: In June 2009 Garriock Bros. Ltd. increased their quarrying operations in the isles with the purchase of the leases for a further three quarries.