Window and Glass Centre
The Window Centre
The Window Centre in Lerwick manufactures uPVC Windows, Doors, Conservatories, Porches, French and Patio doors & curtain Walling to the highest standards, all can be individually tailored to the customers specific requirements.
In addition to manufacturing they provide an installation and re-glazing service to customers, who include the public, private businesses, public bodies, housing assiciations and local authorities.
uPVC Windows are ideally suited to the weather and atmospheric conditions prevalent in the Northern Isles. It is highly efficient material that maximises heat retention resulting in substantial fuel savings.
The Grade of uPVC used in the production of the frames has:
- been extensively tested from -30°C to 60°C
- It has complied with the most stringent Scandinavian standards.
- It is virtually maintenance free due to it’s high level of corrosion resistance.
- No detrimental colour changes were experienced during extensive weather testing.
- uPVC products will not warp, corrode or crack
- The product does not support combustion and it’s flame resistance
The Glass Centre
For over 20 years the Glass centre has manufactured double and triple glazed units in addition to being suppliers of numerous glazing and glazing products.
The Glass Centre is the only manufacturer of double / triple glazing on the isles and can produce high quality glass to order.
We stock many different glass products including Low-E High Performance energy efficient glass.
Note- from November 2016 both the Window Centre and Glass Centre can be found operating out of the GB Building Centre. Lower Blackhill Industrial Estate, Lerwick, ZE1 0DG. (tel 01595 695800, fax 01595 694300)